Freelance editor and writer, Field Level Media
- Edit colleagues’ game recaps, previews and news briefs on a quick turnaround for Field Level Media’s global clientele
- Optimize stories for SEO and write headlines before publishing content
- Write sports news and analysis pieces as assigned
Sports reporter, The Washington Times, Washington, D.C.
Feb 2018-Aug 2020
- Reported and wrote news, enterprise and feature stories about the D.C. area’s pro and college sports teams
- Filled in for sports editor as assigned by choosing stories for the section, editing copy and managing website
- Wrote and scheduled posts for the sports department’s Twitter account
- Won the 2020 Dateline Award from the Society of Professional Journalists D.C. chapter for sports writing at a daily newspaper
Sports reporter, The Capital-Gazette, Annapolis, Md.
Aug 2016-Feb 2018
- Reported and wrote articles about local sports (primarily Navy and high school) for print and online
- Prepared high school sports roundups by taking scores and statistics by phone and writing game summaries
- Assisted other Baltimore Sun Media Group publications by covering news and sports for the Baltimore Sun, Bowie Blade-News and Maryland Gazette
Reporter, Capital News Service, University of Maryland
- Wrote articles for the CNS data journalism bureau focused on sports
- Researched and wrote long-term data journalism projects, including the “More Than a Mascot” project
- Recorded and produced a weekly podcast, “WAR on Hot Takes,” discussing Baltimore and Washington professional sports from a data-driven perspective alongside a co-host
- Created interactive graphics for CNS articles using Highcharts API
Media Relations intern, Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wrote game summaries for phantomshockey.com as assigned
- Edited press releases, game programs and email blasts for media relations manager
- Assisted media relations manager with media and community relations operations, daily and on game nights
Web Content/Social Media intern, United States Golf Association
- Wrote and edited articles for the USGA’s two websites, USOpen.com and usga.org
- Assisted communication staff with editorial tasks, social media operations and website support on-site at the U.S. Girls’ Junior amateur golf championship in Tulsa, Okla.
- Built the USGA’s championship archives webpage: http://www.usga.org/articles/championship-archives.html
- Bylines featured in the Associated Press, The Washington Post, Washington City Paper, The Hockey News, The Star-Ledger, The Diamondback (College Park, Md.) and The Shirley Povich Center for Sports Journalism
University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
Aug 2016-Dec 2017
- Master’s in Journalism (Multiplatform Journalism track; Sports Journalism concentration)
DeSales University, Center Valley, Pa.
Aug 2012-May 2016
- B.A. in Communication; second major in Sport Management; minor in Journalism
- Graduated summa cum laude – GPA: 3.79
- Proficient in Associated Press style, WordPress, HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Tweetdeck, SaxoTech, Wix, Microsoft Office Suite, podcasting, digital photography and video, social media
- Familiar with Twitter and Facebook analytics, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, CSS